Week 7 Assignment – Planning Considerations for the HR Project
At this point, you have organized your HR project team and you are familiar with the importance of leading and managing the project and team. It is now time to plan your project, which happens to be a large and critical part of project management. Project planning tends to be collaborative and integrative in that many factors, such as scope, resourcing, budgeting, and risk, need to be considered.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
- Define and discuss scope and scheduling as they each relate to project management, and provide a statement of importance to your project team so they know the relevance of each task.
- Select four behavioral skills, associated with project resourcing, that you consider to be critical and explain your rationale.
- Review the behavioral skills associated with project resourcing listed in the textbook in Section 9.1.
- Explain to the management team and your project team how you have determined the budget associated with project costs.
- Include how costs are aggregated.
- Explain how you determined cash flow for separate activities.
- Be specific with your responses.
- Discuss at least three ways the project manager is able to identify possible project risks.
- Create a budget for the project using the WBS file created in the Week 4 Formative Activity, Schedule and Budgeting Exercise for Project Scenario.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.