Using Blood Typing Experiment from this semester to generate a hypothetical set of the data that confirms the doctor’s diagnosis of the patient.
A female has had three miscarriages thus far. Her first pregnancy was successful.
Doctor’s diagnosis: Hemolytic disease of the newborn
Samples available to you: whole blood from mom, dad, and first child Healthy individual (control) sample available to you: Whole blood
Immunology Lab Report Rubric
- Title of your Report (case study reworded in your own words) with your name written underneath it
- Abstract: Must include brief statements on your purpose, background, methods, result data, and discussion (one sentence on what in your data confirms doctor’s diagnosis?)
- Background and Introduction: How will your immunological diagnostic tool(s) help you delineate the proper diagnosis for the patient? A bit on the disease you are confirming and a bit on the immunological tools and procedures used to confirm the disease.
a. In a numbered (or bulleted) format list your materials
- In a numbered (or bulleted) format describe your methods in complete sentences. What rea the procedures for conducting your experiment on the patient’s sample(s).
- Analysis. How will you analyze your data? What are you measuring and then analyzing? What are some of the dependent and independent parameters (variables)?
- Result: Generate a few hypothetical results and list them in a table, figure, and, or picture. Each table/figure/picture must have legend title.
- Discussion: Describe what you learned from the “hypothetical” results and how the results confirm the doctor’s diagnosis. What alternative conclusions can you draw from the results?