The human service professional serves the needs of patients and families in a healthcare setting by providing crisis counseling. Reflect on a news story that involved crisis. Briefly explain the crisis. Using Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, analyze your chosen crisis issue for the individual (and the family, if applicable) in one of these specific settings. Determine an appropriate intervention and defend your selection.
In your paper,
- Describe a specific crisis involved a person or family.
- Apply Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs to the lives impacted by the crisis.
- Analyze a crisis-related issue that the in individual is facing/will or may face.
- Defend an appropriate crisis intervention strategy.
The Crisis Intervention in Healthcare Settings paper
- Must be two to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper (bold and with a space between the title and the rest of the information)
- Student’s name, followed by institution name (“University of Arizona Global Campus”)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).