Reviewed chapters 8 and 9.
Identify one population health concern for the state or local area (Healthy People 2020 develop a plan for addressing the health concern, using a theory, including interventions and evaluation based on the theory.
Major Theories in Public Health and Interventions in Practice are:
• Health Belief Model
• The theory of reasoned action/planned behavior
• Transtheoretical model
• Social cognitive theory
• No single theory dominates health education and promotion.
• Different theoretical frameworks are appropriate to different situations.
• Using an approach to integrating different theories may be more beneficial.
• The theories have overlapping concepts.