Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 8 in the textbook, the article Adverse Childhood Experiences and Adult Criminality: How Long Must We Live Before We Possess Our Own Lives? and any additional sources that pertain to the killer you chose in the Week 1 Choose Your Client discussion forum.
For your Comprehensive Case Study Report final paper, due in Week 5, you will explore, in-depth, the well-known criminal case for your high-profile killer. For this assignment, using the client you have chosen in Week 1, you will create an annotated outline to help you begin to organize ideas and sources as you prepare for your final paper.
Assume you have been hired as a mitigation specialist by this individual’s defense attorney to investigate, analyze, and present the underlying biopsychosocial factors that you found were present in this individual’s background and that may explain why your client committed such heinous criminal acts. For the purpose of this assignment and your final paper in Week 5, you will assume that your client is facing the death penalty, and your job is to use the results of your biopsychosocial investigation to provide credible evidence that your client should not be executed by the state. For this assignment, you will proceed as if your client has not yet been sentenced and thus is still alive, even though your client may have ultimately been found guilty and may have been executed (or may have otherwise died in prison).
Using the University of Arizona Global Campus Library, examine the criminal behaviors involved in your case. For help with searching for sources in the library, see the Library OneSearch
In your paper,
- Analyze a minimum of two particular psychological factors that are relevant to the client’s criminal behavior such as specific environmental or situational, biological, or mental health issues that may have contributed to this individual’s crimes.
- Create an annotated outline that examines a minimum of two particular psychological factors explaining your client’s criminal behaviors.
- Note: For further information regarding the proper format for Outlining, visit the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center.
- Discuss, in two to three sentences, each topic or step in each section of the outline.
- Cite specific examples from the sources that support your research and analysis.
- For example, if you find that your sources show early childhood trauma is a factor in criminal behavior and your client suffered early childhood trauma, or had a high ACE score, write about that connection between your source and your client’s case.
The Comprehensive Case Study Report Annotated Outline paper
- Must be four to five pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted as an annotated outline.
- See the Outlining resource for further information regarding the proper format.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted