Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please complete the assigned readings in your textbook and read the article Prison Higher Education and Social Transformation. You may also wish to consider some of the recommended resources for this week.
For this assignment, you will prepare a digital presentation (PowerPoint or equivalent) detailing roles and issues for corrections officials in public and private institutions. One of the goals for this assignment is to provide an opportunity for you to organize and summarize elements connected with functions and issues in corrections. Effectively summarizing and presenting information in a digital format can apply to many contexts. Your slides will consider issues for correctional officers in social justice and criminal justice contexts. Please address each of the following:
- Explain the corrections officer’s place within the social roles of incarcerated persons.
- For this part, you may wish to consider assigned material in your textbook.
- Examine the role of corrections officers within jails and prison administrations for public institutions.
- Be sure to address roles in both jail and prison contexts.
- Compare and contrast issues for correctional officers in public institutions and private institutions.
- For this part, you may wish to consider content in Chapter 10 of your textbook. You may also wish to review some of the recommended resources for this week that address privatizing corrections.
*Note: You are encouraged to integrate any feedback from your instructor and upload the assignment to your ePortfolio (Links to an external site.).
The Digital Slide Presentation: Roles and Issues for Corrections Officers presentation