Pick 2 of the following prompts. For each prompt you choose, craft a 4- to 5-page response
( 12 point font, 1’’ margins document. )
Labor, and Land Financialization via the Globalized Free Zone Studio.”
1. Use Karl Schoonover and Rosalind Galt’s “The Queer Popular: Genre and Perverse Economies of Scale” to analyze Veneno (HBO Max).
2. Use Anamik Saha’s “‘Diversity’ in Media and Cultural policy” and “The Racialisation of the Cultural Commodity” to analyze McKinsey’s “Black Representation in Film and TV: The Challenges and Impact of Increasing Diversity.”
3. Use Aynne Kokas’s “Policy and Superheroes: China and Hollywood in Sino-US Relations” to analyze the Chinese blockbuster Wolf Warrior 2 (Amazon Prime).
4. Use 2 of the following readings on media development:
· Seyram Avle, “Situating Ghana’s New Media Industry: Liberalization and Transnational Entrepreneurship”
· Alessandro Jedlowski, “Chinese Television in Africa”
· Godwin Iretomiwa Simon, “Adapting to Context: Creative Strategies of Video Streaming Services in Nigeria”
· Débora Póvoa and Stijn Reijnders, “A Brazilian Hollywood in the Making? Film, Tourism and Creative City Discourse in the Hinterland of Paraíba”.
Compare and contrast two of the above perspectives on media development with Kay Dickinson’s “‘Make It What You Want It to Be’: Logistics,