Personal professional development is a process by which an individual identifies areas where he or she could improve their knowledge or skills. An array of self-assessment tools are available to help with such needs assessments. Because an individual frequently finds that identified areas of need are shared by others in a school, identifying personal professional development needs is a valuable exercise.
Complete the “True-Colors Personality Test” or another tool of your choosing to identify your professional strengths and weaknesses. Submit your test results along with a 500-750 word analysis of your self-assessment, answering the following:
- What personal strengths and weaknesses were identified by the assessment?
- What do your results indicate about you and your ability to provide effective professional development and improve planning and practice for improved student performance?
- Based on your assessment result, what types of professional development do you believe would be beneficial to you?
- What learning opportunities are available to you, either within your school or from outside resources, to meet the identified needs?
- Why is it important for the instructional specialists to continually evaluate and address personal professional development needs?
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.