Personal Development Plan
A development plan is a key component of a performance management plan because it guides performance improvement and helps with employee buy-in. Create a short-term development plan (1-2 years) and a long-term development plan (3-5 years) for yourself. In your plan, address these items:
- Development objectives,
- How skills will be acquired,
- A timeline for acquisition, and
- Standards and measures for assessing improvement.
Keep the following in mind:
- You are writing your own development plan. First, complete an assessment of your professional needs and/or deficiencies and career plans (e.g., complete HCM degree) and then write the plan. Assume you are submitting the development plan to your faculty member, the manager.
- With the exception of a cover page, no citations or references are required for this assignment. This should be an honest assessment of your professional needs/deficiencies and career plans.
- Your plan should be organized in a clearly labeled table with appropriate headings.
- For examples of templates for development plans please see: https://www.template.net/business/word-templates/personal-development-plan-template/