Part 1: Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance (PLAAFP)
Review the “Ana Case Study” and use the information provided to write a 250-500 word PLAAFP summary for Ana.
Your PLAAFP should include:
- Student academic strengths
- Performance in classes
- Potential influences of language, culture, and family background
- Strengths, preferences, and interests in nonacademic areas
- Any other relevant issues
Part 2: Annual Goals
Consider the information from the “Ana Case Study” and write two measurable academic goals and two measurable behavioral goals for Ana. Each goal should include:
- A specific, measurable skill or behavior to be achieved.
- A baseline level of mastery for each goal.
- A specific measure to determine if the goals have been achieved.
- A specific method describing how progress will be monitored.
- A schedule for when progress will be measured.
Part 3: Rationale
Provide a 500-750 word rationale that addresses the following:
- Clearly defend why each annual goal, assessment tool or strategy, and action steps are appropriate for Ana based on the information and data in the PLAAFP.
- Using the “College of Education Professional Dispositions of Learners,” identify a disposition that you, as a special education teacher, would want to especially demonstrate with Ana and her family. Explain how this disposition would assist you in incorporating Ana’s language, culture, and family background into planning and delivering instruction that meets Ana’s academic and social-emotional development needs.
- Identify specific steps you would recommend to Ana, her parents/guardians, and the IEP team for Ana to accomplish her goals.
Submit the PLAAFP, annual goals, and rationale as a single Word document.