Step 1: You will use the Graduate Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation Template Download Graduate Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation Templateto:
- Compose a written comprehensive psychiatric evaluation of a patient you have seen in the clinic.
- Upload your completed comprehensive psychiatric evaluation as a Word doc. Scanned PDFs will not be accepted.
- For the Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation Presentation Assignment: You will need to get it signed by your preceptor for the presentation (actual signature, not electronically typed).
Step 2: Each student will create a focused SOAP note video presentation in the next assignment. See Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation Presentation 1 for more details.
SOAP is an acronym that stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan.
Subjective data: Patient’s Chief Complaint (CC); History of the Present Illness (HPI)/ Demographics; History of the Present Illness (HPI) that includes the presenting problem and the 8 dimensions of the problem (OLDCARTS or PQRST); Review of Systems (ROS)
Objective data: Medications; Allergies; Past medical history; Family psychiatric history; Past surgical history; Psychiatric history, Social history; Labs and screening tools; Vital signs; Physical exam, (Focused), and Mental Status Exam
Assessment: Primary Diagnosis and two differential diagnoses including ICD-10 and DSM5 codes
Plan: Pharmacologic and Non-pharmacologic treatment plan; diagnostic testing/screening tools, patient/family teaching, referral, and follow up
Other: Incorporate current clinical guidelines NIH Clinical GuidelinesLinks to an external site. or APA Clinical GuidelinesLinks to an external site., research articles, and the role of the PMHNP in your evaluation.
- Psychiatric Assessment of Infants and ToddlersLinks to an external site.
- Psychiatric Assessment of Children and AdolescentsLinks to an external site.