MGMT 502: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
1. What is Organizational Culture?
a) What organizations do as part of operations.
b) The way employees work and how they hold the code of conduct for the organization.
c) The organizations plan as part of their strategy to conduct business.
d) What organizations tell other organizations what to do.
2. What is the subculture of an organization?
a) The large culture of the organization.
b) The CEO of the organization.
c) The small fragment of culture that make up as part of the overall organization culture.
d) The contractors of the organization.
3. What is the key objective behind Employee Socialization?
a) Weekly Training of employees.
b) When employees have meetings with their supervisors.
c) To understand how the company hierarchy works.
d) Cross division meetings.
4. What is not part of Institutionalization in organization?
5. Why are ethics important in an organization?
a) Climate in an organization.
b) Corruption can work to the benefit of the organization.
c) Back-channel dialog with competitor networks.
d) Compliance standards of the industry.
6. Which one of the following are not part of business ethical issues?
b) Employee dress code.
c) Unsafe working conditions.
d) Accounting practices.
7. What is the biggest risk for company leadership for employees to do social media updates during work hours?
a) Informing competitors’ free information
b) Informing friends and family of the nature of the work.
c) Managing a balance between work and life pressure.
d) Keeping an open mind and understanding industry standards online.
8. Work place conflict happens mainly because of which of the following?
a) Difference in employee views on how to create a structure of a model.
b) How employees take their lunch break.
c) Employees political views.
d) When employees of various backgrounds and different approaches to their jobs are brought together for a shared business purpose.
9. What is not part of workplace conflict?
a) Personality differences.
b) Unclarified roles in work places.
c) Mismanagement of organization change.
d) Meeting other vendors to clarify accounts.
10. Which one of the following is Decision Making Model?
a) Opportunity Problem, Frame, Personal Vision, Key Current Decision.
b) Opportunity Problem, Requirements, Personal Vision, Current Decision.
c) Requirements, Personal Vision, Current Decision, Results.
d) Requirements, Frame, Personal Vision, Next Career.
11. What is the main purpose of a Decision-Making Model?
a) Problem definition, potential, solution, analysis and rationale.
b) Opportunity, problem definition, potential, solution, analysis and rationale.
c) Opportunity, specific solution, potential, analysis and rationale.
d) Opportunity, specific problem, potential, analysis and rationale.
12. What is not a leadership style?
b) Highly Participatory
d) Highly Collaborative
e) None of the Above
13. Which one of the following are an accurate set of biases for a Leader?
a) Availability Biases, Anchor Biases, Over Confidence Bias, Confirmation Bias, Rush to solve Bias.
b) Anchor Biases, Over Confidence Bias, Confirmation Bias, Rush to solve Bias.
c) Over Confidence Bias, Confirmation Bias, Rush to solve Bias.
d) Non-availability Biases, Anchor Biases, Over Confidence Bias, Confirmation Bias, Rush to solve Bias.
14. From the following please circle the key error in decision making for a leader?
b) Not Providing Feedback.
c) Providing Feedback
d) Making time for your team.
15. What is most important in the Process and function of Communication?
a) Direct, Confront and Decline.
b) Inform, Communicate and Persuade.
c) Perform, Direct and Confront.
d) Collude, Differ and Non-Cooperate.
16. Which one of the following is not a formal method of Communication at workplace?
a) Email, One-on-One, Texts, Memos.
b) Meetings, Email, One-on-One, Texts, Memos.
c) Happy Hour, Email, One-on-One, Texts, Memos.
d) Back-room conversations, rumors and communications.
17. What is the key difference between Formal and Informal Communication?
a) It is Oral.
b) It is Written.
c) It is Discussed.
d) It is a Group Decision.
18. What is a key problem with leaderships in their decision making?
19. On a separate sheet of paper design your own organization model. List positions that are important to you and clarify what the position does and what the organization does.
20. Scenerio: DXX Global is putting together a project for you to manage as you have recently won a bid for $2M to complete and operate a building located west of Washington D.C inside 30 days. DXX Global is funding 40 of your consultants with a further 100 contractors that you will employ to do implementation and adjustments for the construction project.
21. Due to the short 30-day duration of the project what kind of leadership methodology would you use?
a) Task Oriented
b) People Oriented
e) both b & c
22. By the 26th day of your 30-day project 7 of your contractors are exhausted and cannot perform the tasks at hand. In order to diversify their tasks what kind of leadership approach would you use to motivate them, so they are not burning out to complete their tasks.
a) Task Oriented
d) People Oriented
23. In transactional leadership, rewards and punishments are contingent upon the performance of the followers.
24. Which one of the following are the skills needed to become a good Manager?
a) Organization & Time Management
b) Skilled Scheduler & Organizer
c) Planner and strategizer
d) Strategizer and Organizer
25. What are the three types of Organization Change?
a) Structure, Schedule & People
b) Structure, Technology, Production
c) Structure, Technology & People
d) Structure, Schedule & Profit
26. What are the three causes of Organization Change?
a) Globalization, Market Condition and Organization Growth.
b) Global markets, Global compliance problems, Global market conditions
c) Global stocks, Global market evaluations, Global competition
d) All of the above.