M13 – Business Formation, Legal Filings + Formations Internet Research
Select ONE option and write a minimum of three paragraphs.
1. Investigate the Website of California’s attorney general’s office (or other appropriate agency for the state in which you reside) and determine what must be done in your jurisdiction to form a: sole proprietorship or limited liability company.
2. Research any web sites that can be identified via the strings “joint venture+interior design” and “joint venture+architecture.”
3. Make up a name for a design firm that is NOT based on your actual name or any other first/last name. Do an Internet search for that firm name to see if it exists. Identify at least five locations where that firm name is used.
4. Online, research the forms: for the EIN, and Schedule C of the federal 1040.
5. Research online specific requirements for licensing or registration of interior designers in a state (jurisdiction).