Long-Run Average Cost and Economies of Scale [WLOs: 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read David Trainer’s article, Sysco Feasts on Economies of Scale for Strong Competitive Advantage (Links to an external site.), as well as Chapter 8 in your textbook, and respond to the following:
- How can the long-run average cost (LRAC) curve be derived from the short-run average total cost (SRATC) curve?
- Describe economies of scale and diseconomies of scale.
- What are the determinants of economies of scale and diseconomies of scale, respectively?
- Using a real-world company (other than Sysco), explain the causes of economies of scale for your company.
- How would economies of scale help your company compete in its industry?
Your initial post should be a minimum of 300 words.