For this discussion, think through working with family violence or families in crisis, choose two of the below questions to answer in addition to answering the last question below:
- How can therapists balance a relativistic world view with values about human safety and the right to self-determination and protection?
- When is the clinical utility of neutrality limited or counterproductive?
- When are convictions essential to the change process?
- How does one confront a batterer about his destructive behavior without condemning him?
- How can therapists employ their values to therapeutic advantage while maintaining a caring and respectful connection with family members who are struggling with the trauma of violence?
- How does Christian ministry naturally fit when working with a family in crisis? (*Required Question)