First read A model of global citizenship: Antecedents and outcomes
Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity and think about how being a global citizen has made you a better person in your community.
- Describe and explain a clear distinction between “globalism” and “globalization” after viewing the video and reading the article.
- Describe how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal, academic, and professional goals.
- Explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship and develop your own definition of global citizenship after reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller.
- Choose two of the six outcomes of global citizenship from the article (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world).
- Explain why those two outcomes are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
- Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the two outcomes you chose.
- Identify two specific general education courses.
- Explain how each course influenced you to become a global citizen.
4 pages (not including title and references pages)