Each student will locate and review an article that discusses how a company went through the recovery process after a disaster. The article should not be older than 5 years old. The review of the article should be between 400-to-550 words and should summarize the article content along with your review of how the recovery process went. Please include how it applies to topics for the week, and why you found it interesting. ***Standard for all discussion posts: Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA 7)
- Make an argument concerning the topic
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
A fundamental component of internal control is the separation of duties for high-risk transactions. The underlying separation of duties concept is that no individual should be able to execute a high-risk transaction, conceal errors, or commit fraud in the normal course of their duties. You can apply separation of duties at either a transactional or an organizational level. For example, payroll has access to employee financial records, but only payroll managers can approve raises. Answer the following question(s):
- How do you define a high-risk transaction?
- If you were a security professional in a company, what are four roles (two sets of two related roles) you would separate and why? Provide examples not mentioned in the description for this discussion.
Fully address the questions in this discussion; provide valid rationale for your choices, where applicable; and respond to at least two other students’ views.
Pick an industry/company to focus on for this assignment. Based upon the given information you can find on the company and any past issues/breaches the company has gone through, create Crisis Management Plan
- Introduction – brief background of company and any issues the company has had in the past such as data breaches
- Strategies and Management – business activities, risk factor activities, reactive risk mitigation strategy, risk management, financial performance (more or less depending upon company)
- Risk Analysis – political analysis, environmental analysis (more or less depending upon company)
- Crisis Management Plan:
- Committee for crisis management planning
- Crisis types
- Structure of the Crisis Management Team
- Responsibility and control
- Implementation Plan
- Crisis Management Protocols
- Crisis Management Plan Priorities
- References – APA format
***Standard for all Research Assignments Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be approximately four to six pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
- Follow APA7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
- Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
- Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.