- Culture– the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group
- Sub Culture– a cultural group within a larger Culture, often having beliefs or interests at variance with those of the larger culture
- Stakeholder– any entity, thing, person, organization that has an interest in an Issue
- Topic– a matter dealt with in a text, discourse, or conversation; a broad idea or subject
- Issue– a focused aspect within a Topic; a problem of debate or discussion
- Faultline– where multiple Stakeholders hold competing Interests over an Issue
- Interest– a stake, share, or degree of involvement in an Issue
Introduction: In this class, we will learn to write academically through the exploration of our own world. We will use the lexicon, or discourse specific terminology to assist with learning to write objectively and persuasively.
Purpose: To begin utilizing the course rhetoric to speak on topics and issues in an objective manner.
Task: In a 500 word response, summarize the video utilizing 4 of the 7 key terms form the lexicon, or word bank listed above. Ensure that you Bold each of the 4 of 7 terms that you utilize for full credit!