- Choose a relationship or experience that has contained at least one of the elements of the dark side of interpersonal communication (jealousy, rumor, envy, bullying, aggression, etc.) or how seemingly productive communication becomes dysfunctional (and vice versa). This could be a professional relationship, a family relationship, a friendship or a romantic relationship.
Post a response that addresses the following:
- Describe the relationship, the emotions and the dark side element(s) that you identified.
- How did these elements affect your concept of self?
- Evaluate the effects of the dark side elements on the relationship.
- Looking back, what might you have done differently in that situation?